The Vintage Motor Cycle Club Limited was formed in 1946 by a band of 38 enthusiasts and membership today stands over 16,000 - but this has been achieved without losing any of the camaraderie or helpfulness which is usually associated with smaller clubs.
The Vintage Motor Cycle Club Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales, Reg. No. 1570648. Registered address: Allen House, Wetmore Road, Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 1TR, VAT No: 111 2121 54.
- You do not have to own a historic motorcycle or three-wheeler in order to join the VMCC, just an interest in these machines. The Club caters for all levels and ages of enthusiasts and provides a wide range of benefits to meet individual member's needs.
- When you join the Club, you will be entitled to attend as many of its 80 Section meetings as you wish. Most Sections have at least one Club night each month in addition to a wide range of events and runs tailored to suit all types of vintage and classic motorcycles.
- Club nights may also consist of talks when you may learn a new skill, Bring-and-Buys which may be the place where you find that missing part, a film or slide night using items loaned free from the Club's libraries.
- The Club has many facilities and membership benefits such as a comprehensive library, tyre scheme, brake block service, transfer scheme, RAC membership discount and much more.
- If your particular enjoyment is found in off-road events, the VMCC can offer a variety of disciplines.
- The majority of VMCC events are non-competitive although some Sections organise ACU permitted timed road trials. As long as your machine is over 25 years old you can enter the Club's runs and events all over the country.
- The British Historic Racing, the club's racing operation, has attained an enviable reputation for its efficient organization and the friendly atmosphere always found at race meetings which are held on circuits throughout the UK.
- The Grasstrack and Speedway Section organizes a series of grasstrack and grass hill climb events together with the occasional outing on a professional speedway track.
- Sprint events are also in the calendar, including two which are very well known and to fill your season, invitations from other clubs allow you to enjoy a full year's sport.
- Over 180 Marque Specialists from AJS to Zundapp willing to assist in the identification of your machine but who are not suppliers of spare parts.
- Off-road trials are organized by numerous sections, giving a full winter's 'mud plugging'.
- The VMCC has arranged special discounted rates for members to insure their machines over 15 years old which prove very competitive. Re-coup your membership fee in insurance savings alone, plus you can also save on your car, house and house contents insurance via our Insurance partners Footman James Insurance Brokers.